Of course, there are more than 10 things that we could give our darlings, but these are the ones that stood out in my mind. They're not in any particular order, just the way I thought of them. Feel free to add your own! :)
2. Get rid of all those worksheets. Granted, if a student can't figure out 5 problems, they probably can't do 25 - 30 of the same thing.
3. Talk to them about events in their life. And maybe, share something from yours. Morning Meeting is a great place to practice this!
4. Give them a fresh start. Every. Single. Day.
5. Challenge them. Don't view the students as part of "the population." View them as individuals, each bringing their own gift to the table. Challenge them! They might surprise you!
6. Provide consequences. Whether you believe it or not, they will thank you.
7. Remember they are only children. Oh boy, that's a hard one to do sometimes, I know. :)
8. Try something new. They don't learn the same way we used to teach. Let's teach the way they learn. Enhance a lesson with at least one new tech tool.
9. Get off task. Isn't it great to veer away from the planned topic for a bit?
10. Teach! Let them learn at least one new thing per day.