Most years, I have my students write a letter to the incoming 4th graders. As I read the letters, it made me reflect on their viewpoint of our classroom. Your kids will always be honest about how they see you and it may not always be how you perceive yourself! 😀
Dear Future Fifth Grader…
I’m K_______, I am a fifth grader in Mrs.Mims class. I'm giving you some information for YOU when you come to the 5th grade. Here’s some advice.
1. FOLLOW RULES! If you don’t, you will have a consequence.
2. Try not to get in trouble.
3. Mrs.Mims expects you to act like a 5th grader, not a 2nd grader.
4. DO NOT LIE! Mrs.Mims loves when you are honest. And lying will get you in WAY more trouble.
5. You can hang out with disrespectful kids, it's not my choice, but be the positive influence.
6. Please try to be nice to any students or teachers.
7. Apologies are nice if you’ve done something wrong.
8. Don't be disrespectful.
9. Don't talk, while the teacher is talking.
10. Last but NOT least, try your best when you go to the 5th grade.
You’re welcome for the help I’ve given you! Sincerely,